Sunday, July 09, 2006

a new beginning

wow, what a lame title for my first blog entry. oh well, i'll get over it.

if you ask me i'll tell you i'm a happy person. i honestly am. how can i not be? i have a beautiful wife that i love very much. our families are wonderful - supportive, loving, fun to be around. life is never boring - family, friends, beach trips, hokie football games, bars, shows.

but that's only half of the story.

i am not happy with my body. i have been overweight since childhood. at 6'0, 325 lbs, i am a big man. from time to time i'll get on a fitness kick. these kicks last an average of 2 days. each time i think THIS IS IT, THIS TIME I'M REALLY DOING IT and then i find myself repeating the same mistakes in no time. the most success i ever had i followed the weight watchers program for several months and reached a low of 276 lbs. i started slipping and before i knew it i was back at my pre-diet weight.

well guess what?

THIS IS IT!!!!!!! THIS TIME I'M REALLY FUCKING DOING IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

in this blog i'll document my progress and my mistakes. i hope for this to become a place where people relentlessly call me out when i do something stupid that threatens my goal.

which reminds me, what is my goal anyway? i hestitate to attach a number to this project because in the end there's not some magic weight i want to hit. i just want to be in shape, feel good about myself, and be able to do all the things i like to do (and maybe some things i don't like to do) without carrying around the equivalent of 10 bowling balls in my gut and in my ass. but there's got to be some way to measure success, so i think for now it's going to be the scale. i'll weigh in from time to time and post the results here. eventually i'd like to get to a fit 225 lbs. with my build and heredity, it think that would be just about right. holy shit, that's 100 lbs...

so anyway, i don't want this to be like all those other lame weight loss blogs. you don't have to be nice to me in the comments. i won't cry, i promise. i mean, i'm not discouraging positive reenforcement, but sometimes i need someone to kick my ass when i screw up. i'll post more details of THE PLAN (TM) as i figure them out. eating, working out, that kind of thing. i turn 29 in november and i want to reach my goal by the time i turn 30, so some of this stuff is going to have to be aggressive.

so... here we go...

8 Comments:

Anonymous Fat Girl said...

Good luck and I'm glad I have the license to give you shit when you fuck up.

It was a good first post and I don't think your blog will be a lame "weight loss" blog and if it does.. I'll call you out on it.

9:22 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who can help me with .httpaccess ?
where i can fined full information about .httpaccess file syntaxis?

6:30 AM  
Anonymous fatmagülün suçu ne said...

thank you
melekler korusun final izle şenyuva bitmeyen şarkı fatmagülün suçu ne dizi izle survivor son bölüm izle romantik komedi izle evcilik oyunu izle

4:00 AM  
Anonymous lose quickly said...

Read your post everytime when you want to stop and give up!

4:09 AM  
Blogger DARREN Winland said...

I say something like this every month, starting new diet plan. Hold on!

6:33 AM  
Blogger Michael Boyle said...

I wonder if you really do what you've said?

4:05 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right now it seems like Drupal is the best blоgging platform out there
гight now. (fгom what I've read) Is that what you are using on your blog?

Also visit my website: life insurance sales training

2:04 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

continuοusly і used to read ѕmallеr artіclеs
that also cleaг thеir motive, and that is alѕο hapрenіng wіth thіs paragraph which I am rеading аt thіs time.



my wеb site: home based business reviews

10:44 PM  

Post a Comment

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home